Thursday, February 16, 2012

Levers, wheel & axle, pulley

A lever is used for lifting or prying things. There are three classes for levers. Levers are classified by where the fulcrum, effort, and load are arranged.



There are two different types of pulleys. There are one pully systems and two pulley systems. Pulleys are used to lift things to a tall height. The more pulleys there are, the easier a heavy object can be lifted. Although it is easier to lift, the rope pulled has to go a longer distance. The load is what is being lifted, the fulcrum is the place where the cable goes around, and the effort is the force being put on the cable to lift the load.



The wheel and axle is used in a door knob because, the knob (wheel) turns the axle along with it to open a door, but if you tried to turn it by the axle, it would be very hard to turn it. Wheel and axles are used to make something move, thus making work easier.

1 comment:

  1. I want to express thanks to you just for rescuing me from this type of instance. Just after searching through the online world and seeing ideas which were not beneficial, I assumed my entire life was well over. Existing without the answers to the issues you have solved by means of your main short post is a critical case, and the ones that might have negatively affected my entire career if I had not encountered the website. Your good competence and kindness in handling every item was crucial. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had not come upon such a step like this. I am able to at this time look forward to my future. Thank you very much for this specialized and amazing help. I will not be reluctant to suggest your web page to anyone who would like guide on this matter.
    CNC machine shop edmonton

    ReplyDelete